So why is a 50 year old woman interested in EDC?
I really didn’t know this was a thing until I went looking for a nice knife for my son last year and a watch for my other son. In looking around I found the EDC blogs and they were very helpful.
It seemed like such a “guy thing” though, or something that was part of the “bug-out” culture.
Then I realized it’s something we all do, men and women, anyone just trying to be prepared and survive the day gracefully. From the minimalists to the full on disaster ready, the things people carry with them every day are practical, beautiful, well thought out, creative and fascinating.
So… I dumped my bag for you!
- Apple iPhone 4S (not pictured, in wallet to show it fits)
- Speck Pixel Skin HD for iPhone 4/4S
- Michael Kors “Jet Set” Continental Phone Wallet - Auto key fob attached.
- Apple iPad 2
- Speck Pixel Skin HD Wrap Case for iPad 2
- Chanel Sunglasses, prescription
- Cheap earbuds by Sony
- A fold-up nylon grocery bag.
- Gum & Haribo Gummy Bears
- Outback LED Flashlight, just the right size
- Burt’s Bees Shimmer Balm, NYC Lipstick & Roll-on Eye Shadow, Sonia Kashuk Lipstick
- On the key clip – house key, church key (literally to a church), a cheap plastic whistle, Energizer Keychain Light, and a cheap Swiss Tech Mini 8 in 1 Multi-Tool, #SWT35000
- (I don’t spend a lot of money on the small stuff as I loose it frequently.)
- a small notebook – for writing lyrics
- (I usually carry a guitar pic as well.)
I’ve noticed that many who EDC carry guns & knives. I know how to use a gun, have several rifles actually, but don’t think I need to carry one out of the house.
I would like a larger knife however, to carry as needed. I’m open to suggestions. I want something pretty with great utility. Maybe a Kershaw Serrated Rainbow Leek?
Editor’s Note: Thanks Jean for being our first unsolicited submission!